Haven’t done the Friday Fun Bits in a while so great to have them back. For now I’ll update you on the links I’ve added to Facebook for the last week. I don’t always add them here so it’s a good catchup for those that follow me on FB and then my blog only friends get to stay in the loop (by the way you can always ‘like’ my Facebook page anytime!).
The picture above is of a soup I made during the week, one of the many to warm me up with the miserable weather which decided to persist for the last few days. I just want to re-test it again. It was a hearty and filling courgette and sugarsnap pea soup. It was from leftovers so quite pleased with the result.
Anyway below are some links to posts I really like, hope you do too! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and get to do something really special with your loved ones.
Best Wishes for now Marian
Quick Lunch Ideas:
- Butternut Squash Pepper & Mushroom Risotto from A Mexican Cook in Ireland
- Spring Vegetable Minestrone Courtesy of Create A Good Life and from Vegetarian Times
Herby News Bytes:
- 10 Essential Spices shared on The Irish Food Bloggers Association (IFBA) and from Food 52
My favourite are cardamom, fennel, cumin and mustard seeds. What are yours?
- 7 Medicinal Herbs via Lynda MacFarlane Nutrition & Cookery and from Natural News
- Measuring Sticky Ingredients with Less Mess (And More Accurately) via The Kitchn
- Piping 101 via BakerStreet Just saw this and a great tip if you’re into decorating cakes!