What a lovely and welcoming surprise to wake up one Saturday morning to (few weeks ago) of a fellow blogger awarding me the Liebster award. It has taken a while to let you all know but as most of you who follow me know there was a lot going on personally.
Couldn’t find out too much where this started but I’ve listed the rules below which I copied from Lorna’s blog.
As Lorna writes on her blog post “It’s all about spreading the blogging love ”
How the Liebster Award works:
The Rules are:
- You thank the person who nominated you for the award and link to them (which thankfully I did on the day I received the award).
- Copy and paste the Liebster award to your own profile.
- Choose 5 blogs that you think are worthy of the award (have to be under 200 followers), link to them and leave a comment letting them know.
I also found it difficult to determine if bloggers have over 200 followers so hope the blogs I’ve picked aren’t over the 200 followers. Ah well this is still a lovely surprise to wake up to and receive at any time of the day.
The choice was difficult as there are so many wonderful bloggers I’m coming across but here are my nominated blogs.
My Liebster Award Recipients are: (in no particular order)
- Sarah of Simply Cooked – Simple, healthy home cooking stemming from her love veggies, tea, chatting, and making recipes healthier. You can check out Sarah’s blog here http://www.simplycooked.blogspot.com. Sarah is also the facilitator of the Kitchen Reader Book Club which I’m a member of and it’s a great concept to read a cookery book (decided by one of the members) each month and post your review on your blog.
- Lily of A Mexican Cook in Ireland who inspires everyone she meets with her love of all Mexican and her even greater love of everything Irish. Her new online shop is live on Monday 1 May 2012 so definitely one to out watch for her gluten and gm free tortillas.
More details can be found on My Mexican Shop.
- Adam Hoban’s Cook It Yourself I met Adam at a IFBA bloggers event at Keelings last year. We spent a long time chatting about out love of peppers, cupcakes and tons of other stuff. Adam is a self taught cook who loves to cook, photograph and write about food. His Spiced Winter Pancakes recipe appeared in January 2012′s Easy Food Magazine and he still finds time to study for exams.
- Discover And Devour is by Patty and all about enjoying life with her family. Patty’s Wednesday’s Book Review focuses on children’s books.
- DiNutrition. Deanna Ibbitson is a qualified nutritionist with a mission “to debunk nutrition myths with solid, scientific facts. Deanne also has some fabulous healthy recipes as well which are worth checking out.