Dairy-free / Gluten-free / Wheat-free/Vegan/Vegetarian
French Vanilla Toast Sweetened with Agave Syrup
Tofu Scramble unsweetened
I used Clearspring Organic (Firm & Silken) Tofu in this recipe
I didn’t change the vanilla toast so if you’re interested in the recipe it’s on the Vegan Kickstart using the link above.
125g silken tofu
1 shallot, chopped finely (30g)
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
salt & pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients (except the salt and pepper) on a medium frying pan.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 5-6 minutes or until it all combines to resemble scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and mix through.
- Serve it on spelt toast (or whatever toast you can eat). This time I had it on top of the vanilla french toast
- Just scrumptious – Enjoy totally (if you make it of course)
Tip: It’s important to keep stirring the mixture on the pan otherwise it’ll stick and burn – then obviously breakfast is just ruined.
Pics are from my iPhone using istragram so not the usual, just fallen in love with instagram, will get over it.
I really enjoyed both which I wasn’t expecting. I’d given up scramble eggs so long ago that I no longer mind my husband tucking into his on a Saturday morning. Now I can join him with my vegan fare.
Have you ever tried these and or have you any variations on the above?