Ah Christmas, Holiday Season, or whatever you like to call it is just a great way to catch up with family, friends and possibly make a few new ones. Tony and myself love it as we get to spend loads of time together as well. If, like me only a nubie to all dairy-free, wheat-free and other food choices brought on by intolerances then Christmas and other celebrations can be a pain. I don’t feel like either starving myself nor eating the wrong foods so am determined this year to have lots of goodies.
Over the next few blog posts I’ll have lots of links to recipes, tips etc. I’ll throw in a few of my own recipes and plenty of other people’s I find. I don’t always test other people’s posts so do test your favourite ones to ensure you like them and they suit you. So here’s a few recipes I found which seem tempting.
Getting Started with my Christmas Tips:
- Breakfast: I love the way this is presented and sounds delicious: Baked Blueberry Maple Oatmeal in Mason Jars
- Soup: The vibrant red purple colour is so Christmas! Beetroot & Pomegranate Halo Soup
- Soup: Quick & easy soup from Cake in the Country: Low Fat, Low Cost Simple Butternut Squash
- Stuffing, could be a nice change from the norm: Red Rice & Quinoa
- Sauce, never tried cherries in a sauce so this may be interesting: Cranberry & Cherry
- Dessert: Vegan Bourbon Trifle: I love ginger so this has to get a mention. (I’m using Doves Farm Hazlenut cookies with a hint of orange and I don’t particularly like orange extract so will be using vanilla extract.
- Dessert / Treat: Ah these just sound fantastic while becoming a telly addict over Christmas! Dairy -free chocolates: Soul and Pastry: Vegan Chocolates
I’m looking forward to trying some of these myself, though I am making a large list over the next couple of weeks. Then I’ll pick my favourites and start the plan proper for the Christmas celebrations. I love this planning part do you? I’m roping Tony in this year as most of my old faithful recipes have to be adapted or chucked to the side. I need to ensure he likes the new foods and variations on the menu. Will let you know about any more I come across.
Are any of these of interest to you?
By the way I start playing Christmas songs from 1 December – Tony just smiles and shakes his head. I think he likes them but won’t admit it.
Talk soon, Marian “Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells….”.